Aleksandra Synowiec, M.Sc.
Laboratory of Virology MCB
E-mail: a.synowiec [AT] doctoral.uj.edu.pl
prof Krzysztof Pyrc
Education and experience
- 2019- . Ph.D. studies. Jagiellonian University, Virogenetics group, Malopolska Center of Biotechnology, Krakow, Poland.
- 2017 – 2019. M.Sc. Studies. Department of Microbiology , Faculty of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
- 08-09.2017. Internship. Department of Medical Biotechnologies
University of Siena, Italy. “Antiviral activity evaluation of candidate inhibitors of HIV-1, Dengue virus (DENV) and West Nile virus (WNV)”
Under the supervision of Prof. Maurizio Zazzi
- 08-12.2015. Internship. Microbiology Department, Collegium Medicum of the Jagiellonian University, Poland
- 2014 – 2017. B.Sc. Studies. Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Grants and Awards
- 12.2018 Scholarship of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education
Scholarship for the best students for the scientific achievements
- 11.2018 L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Award L’Oréal-UNESCO
- 2018 – 2020 Diamond Grant. Identification of FHV-1 entry receptor into host cell. PI: Aleksandra Synowiec
- 2018/2019, 2017/2018, 2016/2017 Scholarship from the Rector of the Jagiellonian University for scientific research and high academic performance
- 08.2018 Award-Funding Ministry of Science and Higher Education
"Best of the best! 3.0"
- 05.2018 Conference Award 4th International Conference of Cell Biology
- 2017 – 2018 Student Research Project Novel entry inhibitors of felineherpes virus 1 (FHV-1). PI: Aleksandra Synowiec
- 2017/2018, 2016/2017 Scholarship from the KNOW programme for scientific research and high academic performance
- 04.2015 Article Award Polish Copernicus Society of Naturalists
Main Prize in Contest for The Best Article Published in years 2013
- Synowiec A, Szczepanski A, Barreto-Duran E, Lie LK, Pyrc K. (2020). SARS-CoV-2: A systemic infection. Clinical Microbiology Reviews. in press.
- Synowiec A, Gryniuk I, Pachota M, Strzelec L, Roman O, Kłysik-Trzciańska K, Zając M, Drebot I, Gula K, Andruchowicz A, Rajfur Z, Szczubiałka K, Nowakowska K, Pyrc K. (2019). Cat flu: broad spectrum polymeric antivirals. Antiviral Research. in press.
- Pachota M, Kłysik-Trzciańska K, Synowiec A, Yukioka S, Yusa S, Zając, M, Zawilinska B, Dzieciątkowski T, Szczubiałka K, Pyrc K, Nowakowska M. (2019). Highly effective and safe polymeric inhibitors of herpes simplex virus in vitro and in vivo. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. in press.
- Pachota M, Klysik K, Synowiec A, Ciejka J, Szczubialka K, Pyrc K, Nowakowska M. (2017) Inhibition of herpes simplex viruses by cationic dextran derivatives. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 60(20):8620-8630.